Insert your own link pun here. I’m out.
Watching one Republican candidate for office after another declare outright that they do not believe humans are causing climate change is befuddling enough. But to flat-out reject science as a guide to policy is beyond medieval. It’s a retreat to pure superstition, a surrender to barbarism. We might as well be reading omens in the entrails of sacrificial animals. Our wealth as a country, our incredible technological wonders — the Industrial Revolution! — were built upon scientific discovery.
- Virginia gun dealers: Small number supply most guns tied to crimes – Fascinating investigation into where the guns used in crimes are purchased.
- The new barbarism: Keeping science out of politics – Salon says what a lot of us are thinking.
- The Thirty-Five Star Flag – The Richmonder claims a historical flag for our side. I like it.
- Death of Notre Dame Student Punctures Myopic World of Big-Time College Sports – A really interesting and vital take on the state of the college sports industry today…sorta.
- I read this post by Dave Hingsburger and had to get up and walk off my anger. Curbing Anger: Daring Difference. In Canada, a young man with autism was physically tortured by three other young men. Who filmed what they did on their cell phones. And the judge let them walk free. I still can’t even…I mean…I…Just read it.
- We disagree on politics, but Jen Lancaster get it totally right on Marie Claire’s debacle in I’ve got your counterpoint right here, Marie Claire.
- And from Shakesville: In case you were ever under the impression that thin privilege doesn’t exist…
In other news: