As the Broad Run District Chair for the Loudoun County Democratic Committee, I am proud to announce that we now have a candidate for the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors seat being vacated by current Supervisor Lori Waters (R) at the end of her term in 2011.
Valdis Ronis, Lansdowne on the Potomac resident and current representative for Potomac District on the Loudoun County Planning Commission, will be making his official announcement this coming Sunday, November 14th.
Valdis is a Principal with MulvannyG2 Architecture out of McLean, and he’s also a neighbor of mine.
Why is Valdis running? Here are his main campaign points:
1) To bring responsible leadership to the Board of Supervisors.
2) To create a good business climate that encourages companies to locate in Loudoun County.
3) To support sustainable economic development so we can create jobs and hold the line on taxes.
4) To invest in transportation solutions that will reduce traffic c and improve our quality of life.
5) And to ensure quality schools by eliminating wasteful bureaucracy, and by focusing resources on classroom instruction.
Currently, Valdis only has a Facebook page, as his candidacy is in its virtual infancy. I will continue to post updates here when they warrant regarding websites, etc.
But now we can say that we now have a candidate ready, willing, and able to work with the rest of the Democratic majority to continue the fine work of the past 3 years.
Leadership, not Politics!