- Chair: Tom Bellanca is the Dem challenger to Scott York (I, formerly R).
- Algonkian (formerly Sugarland Run): No candidate yet for the open seat being left by Susan Buckley, though I’ve heard rumblings.
- Ashdowne (Ashburn, Lansdowne): Valdis Ronis is running for this open seat.
- Blue Ridge (Brambleton/Middleburg/Hamilton/Purcellville/Blue Ridge Mountains): No Dem challenger has appeared yet to run against Jim Burton (I).
- Broad Run (Dulles Town Center, Broadlands, Sterling): Andrea McGimsey is the incumbent. No primary challenger.
- Catoctin: Malcolm Baldwin is running for the open seat being left by Sally Kurtz.
- (Jennie) Dean (South Riding/Airport/Loudoun Valley Estates): Larry Roeder is running for this open seat.
- Leesburg: Kelly Burk is the incumbent. No primary challenger.
- Sterling: the Dems have three candidates to run against Eugene Delgaudio (R): Al Nevarez; Bahri Aliriza; and Dan Lloyd. That’ll be a good primary. I’m looking forward to it.
Clerk of the Court: No Democratic candidate as yet to run against Gary Clemens (R)
- Commissioner of the Revenue: Joshua Actor is going to challenge Robert Wertz (R).
- Commonwealth’s Attorney: Jennifer Wexton is running against Jim Plowman (R).
- Sheriff: No Democratic candidate as yet, though it seems the Republicans have a few! Four candidates there to run against Sheriff Simpson (I, formerly R)!
- Treasurer: No Democratic candidate as yet to run against Roger Zurn (R).
Soil and Water Conservation District
- There are three seats up for election this November. Peter Rush is a Democratic incumbent on this board. I sent him a note yesterday to ask if he’s running again, I’ll update with his answer.
I won’t discuss the School Board in this post, because there are so many unknowns still. Many incumbents have said that they’ll decide what they’re going to do after the budget is done.
Nor will I discuss the House of Delegates or the State Senate races yet, since we still don’t know what the districts are for those races.
As I get more information about these and other races, I’ll post ‘em up here.
UPDATE: Lloyd put up a post at TC about the state of the races from the Republican point of view. Apparently, one of the candidates for Sheriff dropped out.