These are links from my Twitter Feed from today*.
- Childcare Isn’t Work According to TANF & Mitt Romney “And then the gov’t cut back on subsidizing low income childcare”
- “Obese people with healthy habits had roughly the same risks as thinner people of dying young.” (via @meredithea and @KateHarding)
- Nationally, black women make 61 cents for every $1 white men make. In DC, it’s 51 cents. (via @ElaheIzadi)
- 17yr old alleged rape victim is jailed to ensure her testimony against a serial rapist. (via many, many people)
- The Board Chair of NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, writes in to @DCExaminer about Sen. Phil Puckett’s comments on his forced ultrasound vote (3rd letter)
- Female veterans kicked out of military, diagnosed with mental disorders after reporting sexual assault
- House GOP would rather take away food stamps from hungry kids than raise capital gains tax? (via @DriveSwift)
- From a conversation between Ta-Nehisi Coates and Amanda Marcotte:
- When He Hit Me
- What a successful program! Sign collection has been increased from 1800 signs per quarter to 300 signs per quarter!! (via Loudoun Insider at @TooConservative)
- McDonnell’s Forced Ultrasound Bill Awakens a Sleeping Giant — Pro-Choice Virginians — And They Are Going to the Polls
and Amanda responded: Guttmacher crunched the numbers and found the drop was due to improved contraception use. Which makes perfect sense…Abortion isn’t much of a factor, since teens choose it a little less than slightly older women
*I may spend a smidge too much time on Twitter.