These are from my Twitter and Facebook feeds and from folks on my blogroll at my blog.
- Two more from Jim Rigby: Bible Bullies and “But What About Romans?” These are follow-ups to his post, What Part of “Thou Shall Not Judge” Do You Not Understand?
- From Pandagon: Romney’s Going to Speak at Liberty University.
- From The Infamous Brad: Sometimes, When “All the Facts are In,” It’s Worse: The UC-Davis Pepper-Spray Report. Can you count the number of errors the police made? The full text of the report can be found here. (via my friends Daniel Radosh and Kathy Withcats)
- From USA Today: Vatican orders crackdown on American nuns (via Martha Plimpton).
- Two from Think Progress: Undocumented Immigrants paid more in taxes in 2010 than General Electric and Cantor is actually suggesting raising taxes on the poor.
- From Price of Oil: It’s Official: Fracking Causes Quakes according to a report commissioned by the British Government.
- From Huffington Post: Jennifer Tyrrell, Boy Scout Den Mother, Forced To Resign Because She Is A Lesbian. Just a coincidence that,
“The revocation of my membership came shortly after I was elected treasurer of my pack and uncovered some inconsistencies in the pack’s finances.”
This comes less than a year since a similar incident here in Loudoun.
- From The Girl With the Cane: Annie Clark Wins Penmanship Award by Writing with her Forearms. First she did better than anyone else in her school, all of whom have use of their hands.
- From When the Flames Go Up: For This Divorced Mom, Traveling For Work Is No Big Thing.
- From News of the Restless: Apparently, the Ukrainian abortion ban bill would also ban the missionary position and childlessness. (via @ClinicEscort)
- From Talking Points Memo: Obama To GOP: Abide By Debt Limit Deal Or Else Face A Govt Shutdown Right Before The Election.
- From CBS Baltimore: CPCs demand the right to mislead and manipulate women who want an abortion (via @NARALVirginia). Stevens tried to get a similar ordinance on the agenda here in Loudoun, but he couldn’t get any of the other Dems to second it. I don’t get why CPCs wouldn’t want to let people know up front that they don’t refer for abortions or birth control. Isn’t that something they’re proud of?
- From Hoydens About Town: It’s about Health at Every Size!
- From Mother Jones: 4 Things Grosser Than Pink Slime. Now I really really really want to raise my own chickens.
- From Denver Biz Journal: Frontier Airlines fined over disabled-traveler incident (via Bill Shackleton)
- From The New York Times: When Catholic hospitals merge w public ones, women’s health care takes a back seat to religion. (via @AisFor)
- From The Guardian: Disability rights protesters bring Trafalgar Square traffic to a standstill.
- From ABC News: The Romneys’ Dancing Horse Competes Without Them. Which leads Kos to ask, “Are the Romneys now ashamed of their horses?”.
- From UpWorthy: 3 Reasons Why These Country-Lovin’ Pastors Are Pro-Gay Activists
- From Jezebel: The Ten Scariest Places in America to Have Ladyparts
- From Shakesville: Snapshots of a Week (or so) of Being a Woman Geek
Speaking of being a woman geek, I can’t get enough of OK Go. It helps that I think that one of the members of the band bears an uncanny resemblance to The World’s Best Campaign Manager, Bar None.
You’re very welcome! Thank you for writing that terrific post!
Thanks for the shout-out. 🙂