Holy guacamole, those HOD and Senate maps make Loudoun’s redistricting look rational.
Here’s what we’ve got:
4 Senate Seats
- A bit of a district that runs all the way from Arlington into Sugarland Run. Long and narrow, runs along the Potomac. That’s one that’s probably going to have a heavy primary.
- Blue Ridge, and some of Ashburn, including my old house in the Broadlands, are in a district that reaches into Fauquier and Prince William Counties and stretches down as far as Warrenton. That there is Colgan and Marshall country. I’m guessing it’ll be pretty red.
- Herring’s district is an L with one line stretching from Leesburg, along the Potomac into Sterling and then down into Herndon below Rte. 50.
- I can’t even believe the last one. It’s a check mark that includes most of Catoctin, gets every thing to West Virginia and then slides down under the district that includes the Broadlands. It is a mess.
6, possibly 7 HOD Seats
- Rust’s district no longer includes Oak Grove, Buchanan, or the other couple of precincts he lost in Loudoun.
- Lemunyon keeps Little River.
- Greason’s district shrank a bit.
- May’s district moved farther West, and lost most of Leesburg.
- Leesburg is now in an open district.
- Mike Kondradick is in an open district…including some of the precincts Rust gave up.
- And it looks like there’s a little tongue of a Fairfax district up in Sugarland Run.