(Great guest post by our friend, and veteran, Tony, I have edited it a bit for clarity – P13)
I was working in the Pentagon as a Department of the Army Civilian on 9/11 and lost two friends and know a retired army officer who is now a legislator in Texas who was severely burned that day. I also know:
1. that Osama bin laden (from Saudi Arabia) was behind these attacks. In fact as I was evacuating the Pentagon I heard two Army officers say that “Osama did this”.
2. that President G.W. Bush said that we wanted Osama “Dead or Alive” as they used to say in the Wild West. (but never could catch him)
3. that somehow Osama got away from us in the Tora-Bora region of Afghanistan.
5. that Osama had no connection with Sadaam of Iraq but for whatever reason we attacked Iraq and lost thousands of troops dead or wounded/mentally and physically.
6. that we have spent trillions of dollars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
7. that I am proud to have been a member of the military and that the SEALS were outstanding!
8. that President Obama made the right call NOT to release pictures of a dead Osama. It serves no useful purpose and could incite those misguided folks who support Osama to riot in the streets or attack us or our allies. It is enough to know that Justice has been done and fulfilled President Bush’s promise to bring Justice to the Terrorists (As President Bush said after 9/11 “We will bring the Terrorists to Justice or Justice to the Terrorists”).
9. that our current president, Barack Obama, has what it takes to be a leader and our Commander-in-Chief.
10. that we need to THANK our Department of Defense and our commander-In-Chief for keeping our promises.
Now if we could only get Congress to sing God Bless America on the steps of the Capitol as they did after 9/11!