These are from my Twitter and Facebook feeds and from folks on my blogroll at my blog.
- Two more from Jim Rigby: Bible Bullies and “But What About Romans?” These are follow-ups to his post, What Part of “Thou Shall Not Judge” Do You Not Understand?
- From Pandagon: Romney’s Going to Speak at Liberty University.
- From The Infamous Brad: Sometimes, When “All the Facts are In,” It’s Worse: The UC-Davis Pepper-Spray Report. Can you count the number of errors the police made? The full text of the report can be found here. (via my friends Daniel Radosh and Kathy Withcats)
- From USA Today: Vatican orders crackdown on American nuns (via Martha Plimpton).
- Two from Think Progress: Undocumented Immigrants paid more in taxes in 2010 than General Electric and Cantor is actually suggesting raising taxes on the poor.
- From Price of Oil: It’s Official: Fracking Causes Quakes according to a report commissioned by the British Government.
- From Huffington Post: Jennifer Tyrrell, Boy Scout Den Mother, Forced To Resign Because She Is A Lesbian. Just a coincidence that,
“The revocation of my membership came shortly after I was elected treasurer of my pack and uncovered some inconsistencies in the pack’s finances.”
This comes less than a year since a similar incident here in Loudoun.
- From The Girl With the Cane: Annie Clark Wins Penmanship Award by Writing with her Forearms. First she did better than anyone else in her school, all of whom have use of their hands.
- From When the Flames Go Up: For This Divorced Mom, Traveling For Work Is No Big Thing.
- From News of the Restless: Apparently, the Ukrainian abortion ban bill would also ban the missionary position and childlessness. (via @ClinicEscort)
- From Talking Points Memo: Obama To GOP: Abide By Debt Limit Deal Or Else Face A Govt Shutdown Right Before The Election.
- From CBS Baltimore: CPCs demand the right to mislead and manipulate women who want an abortion (via @NARALVirginia). Stevens tried to get a similar ordinance on the agenda here in Loudoun, but he couldn’t get any of the other Dems to second it. I don’t get why CPCs wouldn’t want to let people know up front that they don’t refer for abortions or birth control. Isn’t that something they’re proud of?
- From Hoydens About Town: It’s about Health at Every Size!
- From Mother Jones: 4 Things Grosser Than Pink Slime. Now I really really really want to raise my own chickens.
- From Denver Biz Journal: Frontier Airlines fined over disabled-traveler incident (via Bill Shackleton)
- From The New York Times: When Catholic hospitals merge w public ones, women’s health care takes a back seat to religion. (via @AisFor)
- From The Guardian: Disability rights protesters bring Trafalgar Square traffic to a standstill.
- From ABC News: The Romneys’ Dancing Horse Competes Without Them. Which leads Kos to ask, “Are the Romneys now ashamed of their horses?”.
- From UpWorthy: 3 Reasons Why These Country-Lovin’ Pastors Are Pro-Gay Activists
- From Jezebel: The Ten Scariest Places in America to Have Ladyparts
- From Shakesville: Snapshots of a Week (or so) of Being a Woman Geek
Speaking of being a woman geek, I can’t get enough of OK Go. It helps that I think that one of the members of the band bears an uncanny resemblance to The World’s Best Campaign Manager, Bar None.